Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Island of Corregidor

corregidor 
 Barracks Ruins
Photobucket 
view from the hotel
corregidor 
Japanese Garden of Peace Park
corregidor
 found these inside the museum
corregidor 
Had buffet lunch at Corregidor Inn
corregidor 
The Battery Way
corregidor 
Pacific War Memorial
corregidor
I never thought Corregidor was this beautiful. I remember in college, there was a field trip for our History class and I didn't go because I was not interested. Two weeks ago, after browsing some photos online, I got curious in this historical island. I then recommended this place to my Japanese friends who happened to tour Manila. Finally, I witnessed the beauty of Corregidor. According to the tour guide, this was once a paradise,but after the World War II  it turned into ruins. This is actually the second most bombed island in the world. I can imagine how beautiful it was before the war. It is indeed one of the most scenic destinations in the Philippines.I can't help but be proud of our ancestors.

5 comments:

Dressing Up For Me said...

I haven´t been here. Thanks for sharing your photos. By the way, did you shoot all these? Love the angle and shots that you took. :)

Jing said...

thanks ate che!shots din boyfriend yung iba.hehe:D

abby | ybba said...

i love the photos. hey i can tell you like to travel a lot... or you're just close to very awesome places like this one! hey man! im so jealous! philippiines is so easy to drive to go to nice places.. the us is like... you drive FAR AND LONG FOR IT... like to other states. LAME SKILLETS. lol.

cherie said...

i haven't been to corregidor but ur pics make me want to go! actually, i'll wait for my sisters to arrive then down to corregidor we go :)

Ann said...

Hi Jing: OO nga girl, sana nga nkaisang sapak man lng ako--it's our 81st month-celeb kc that day, so I didn't want to get mad, ^^.
Mine is W530,ung Pink din pinili ko, teehee.

btw--d pa din ako nakpunta jan, hmmm maaya ang boyf, your dress is so envy-worthy! ^^,