Saturday, January 29, 2011

Oscar and skirt


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Boyfriend and I met up with somebody today to talk about some serious matters. T'was a little gloomy outside so I decided to wear a jacket and a very comfy skirt. I bought this skirt for only 25 php (less than a dollar), but without a garter. Since the pattern and style is so cute, without hesitations, I grabbed it right away. I attached the garter by myself (a big thanks to my Sewing lesson from high school) And there you have it! A skirt that perfectly fits a chubby me.haha

On the other note, I'm happy that some of the movies I watched last year were nominated for Oscars this year. Click here for the final list of nominees. I am rooting for "The King's Speech" for best picture. Firth has a stunning performance, along with Rush. Among the films nominated,only "Winter's Bone" I didn't enjoy watching. Such a boring one.And I think Natalie Portman will bag another award for her film, "Black Swan". I watched it twice already. A must-see movie too. 

16 comments:

Ann said...

I'm loving your bag girl! ^^
And what serious matters? Do I hear wedding bells? ^^

Oh, do join my giveaway, ^^
http://numberslettersandfashion.blogspot.com/2011/01/300th-post-blog-giveaway.html

Jacqueline Jarethshop said...

nice skirt!

Kathy June said...

Ate Jing, you are improving with your blog. I mean, with the way you write the "the story behind these outfit and pictures". I like it. I always drop by here, dili lang jud halata nga loyal reader ko nimo. Hehehe

abby | ybba said...

Hey Jing!

I can't believe you follow the nominees for the Oscars. I'm here in the US and I'm completely oblivious about all of it. I've never seen an awards ceremony either. Well, it's mostly because I get super jealous when I see the ladies in pretty dresses and they're so successful. HAHAHA! I can't stand it. I wanna be them.

And I haven't even seen most of those movies except for The Social Network (Have you seen it?), Toy Story 3, and Inception. Oh gosh... I wish Despicable Me was there. LOL I really liked that movie.

Moving on, your skirt is so lovely! I love how to just put garter on it! That's so smart of you. And less than a dollar!? I would've grabbed that and not let go as well! I'm guessing that you're a bargain hunter ey!?

-Abby

Niko Bulaun said...

nice outfit! gloomy in manila ei

http://lifespamphlet.blogspot.com/2011/01/big-bang-in-jan.html

cheers!

Dressing Up For Me said...

Your skirt reminds me of a top of mine! ;)

Haven´t seen Black Swan yet,late kasi dito kasi dina-dub pa ng Spanish, hehe.

You´re looking good, Jing! Lady-like ang dating. ;)

hurricanekerrie said...

Hello, fellow Pinay! Lovely skirt!

jamie-lee said...

Ah you look so cute - isn't it fantastic when you bag a bargain like that :)

Meream said...

Your skirt! So lovely! I always love layered goodness in skirts :)

And oh, I gave you an award on my blog. :)

cherie said...

the first thing that caught my eye when i opened your blog is your skirt! really eye catching and ang galing mo naman with sewing :)

Ladawan said...

love your skirt jing! great find!

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

that was a good decision to snatch the skirt!
it looks amazing on you jing! <3

i haven't watched black swan pa jud...i'm afraid i might have one of my weird dreams..i'll wait for a good day.hehe.

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

gingerSnap said...

Ganda ng skirt..

yOka said...

love your ring!

BABI said...

i like your skirt! :-)

Babi
http://whenbabispeaks.blogspot.com

Rissa K. said...

I am definitely stealing your outfit. You look edgy and sassy!