Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hainanese Chicken Rice

I have read from news and blogs that if you visit Singapore, you must try  their Hainanese Chicken Rice. A very popular and delicious dish. I haven't been there but I know lots of restaurants in Philippines also serve this food. Then my friend, Bons, gave me her recipe of this yummy Hainanese Chicken Rice. With all passion and love, I cooked one using her recipe.

Here's how:

In a casserole, add lemongrass, lots of ginger, 1 whole onion diced, chicken cubes and thigh parts of chicken.
Add 4 cups of water. Boil for 1 hour.
Once cooked, set aside chicken, add 3 cups of rice.
Cook the rice using the chicken stock where you cooked the chicken.
Once rice is almost cooked, add the cooked chicken on top.
Simmer for another 5 minutes.

for the sauce:
Add chopped 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 bulb of onion, chopped 10 pesos worth of ginger.
Saute until semi brown.

Then it's chow time! My boyfriend ate almost 4 cups of chicken rice. no kidding! *wink*


Photobucket Photobucket

5 comments:

Ann said...

yum! ^^ try ko nga din Jing,=)
Question: Bigas ung ilalagay ko s pinaglagaan ng chicken o kanin/cooked rice n? =)

Abbie♥ said...

Waaaw ~ looks so yummy! I better try this out, too!♥

Lee said...

Wow sarap! Thanks for sharing this, Jing! Masubukan nga minsan :D

Noelle Chantal said...

Yummy naman! Favorite chicken ko yan! Thanks for sharing :)

Alexandria said...

this looks yummy!