Sunday, February 9, 2014

Baguio, we meet again!

After many attempts/plans, I have finally set foot again in Baguio with mi amor, Jonathan. It's my 4th time while it's his first. I was actually excited to show him the wonders of the city. 

What triggered us to go is the 8.0 degree Celsius as reported by TV and newspaper. haha! (tagaw!)
We left Pasay Thursday night and arrived in Baguio at 5 in the morning! And boy! it was so cold. I thought my fats could handle the cold temperature, but no! Our thick jackets were not enough to keep us warm. Nevertheless, we enjoyed it! We savored the Baguio chills!!!

It took us almost 2 hours to search for a lodge or inn. We braved the chilly air of session road. We didn't mind though, at least we were to able have exercise. haha! palusot. We didn't book in advance because we wanted to look for cheaper ones. We are budget travelers and we make sure that the cost of the trip doesn't take up so much moolah from our pocket. As long as bedding is clean and bathroom works fine, then I'm good.  We actually had difficulty searching for a decent lodge since almost all of the rooms in our list are fully booked. We realized that weekend marks the kickoff of Penagbenga. Glad that before session road gets crowded, we found a nice place to stay. Happy!
Our adventure started by visiting my friend Faith, who is working in Forrest Lodge in Camp John Hay. We had breakfast at Choco-Late de Batirol. We stuffed our stomach with their famous and yummy bibingka and biko paired with hot choco. Yummers! 
We took a few kilometers stroll in Camp John Hay that led us to Tree Top Adventure. Jonathan was so giddy to try the katakot takot na rides. They offer different types of rides and activities. It took him almost 30 minutes to convince me to try even one the activities. I have fear of heights, by the way. Airplane lang ang kaya kong sakyan. haha . I chose The Canopy Ride because it allows me to see the magnificent view of the mountains and pine and trees through a chair attached to a zipline.  We traveled from one canopy station to another. I was so nervous at first and hindi ako makausap habang si Jonathan ay pasway-sway na lang. I even prayed na sana matapos na. haha. But hell yeah, I conquered my fear, yo!nabawasan ng 10%. :)) 
very beautiful view from the top
We visited the Philippine Military Academy in the afternoon and had dinner with Faith too. 

We woke up early the next day to get the freshest strawberries in the field. It only takes 20 minutes to travel to La Trinidad. 

We went straight to BenCab Museum after our La Trinidad trip. I must admit it is one of the most interesting and lovely museums in the Philippines. It displays the personal collection of Benedicto Cabrera, a best-selling painter and a National Artist. The art gallery also contains works of some talented Filipino artists. Here are some of my favorites.

Ended our day with boating in Burnham Park. We feel like kids again! So much fun!!!


p.s. See more of my Baguio photos here.


Nothing has changed. Baguio still is my favorite city in the Philippines!!! 

I can't believe I blogged after 48 years. haha! Cheers, amigos!

No comments: