Wednesday, February 19, 2014

movie marathon

I missed so many movies last year. I'm glad to finally watch some of the 2013 movies I downloaded last week. Last weekend, I gave myself a day off from work. Yes. I work on weekends too. Since I did the movie marathon with my boyfriend, we opted to watch action-packed movies.heavy te. heavy. Jonathan doesn't like watching romantic flicks. The only romantic drama movies he loves watching are the works of Richard Linklater -> Before Sunrise, Before Sunset and Before Midnight. :) Anyways, here are the trailers of the movies we watched. I'm no spoiler, don't cha worry.

Homefront 
(Jason Statham, James Franco,Winona Ryder, Kate Bosworth)
The story in the film involves a former DEA agent who moves his family and lives a quiet life in a small town but got into trouble when his path crosses with a band of drug traffickers and a meth kingpin.

My rating - 7/10. I enjoyed watching Jason Statham kicking some ass. haha! He never fails to amaze me when it comes to action scenes. It's the usual father-saving-daughter story. Also, I never thought James Franco could be a potential villain.

Lone Survivor
( Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Kitsch)
This movie is based on a true story of a Navy Seal and his team on a mission to seize the Taliban leader.

My rating: 9/10. I'm a sucker for movies that are based on true stories. I love how realistic they are. This movie is no exception. It is skillfully constructed. There are scenes that can make you nauseated. But if you are a "Game of Thrones" and "Spartacus" fan, then "sisiw" lang sayo ang ibang scenes. lol. Overall, this film is so good simply because it displays patriotism and survival! If you haven't watched it yet, please do!

The Purge
(Ethan Hawke, Lena Headey)   
 A horror thriller film in which the government has approved an annual 12-hour period that allows all criminal activity-including murder-becomes legal. The police can't be called. Hospitals suspend help.

My rating: 4/10. I don't even understand why I continued to watch this movie. I thought it will scare the hell out of me.But no. Fail. 

Escape Plan
(Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger)   

A structural security authority takes on a job: breaking out of the world's most secure prison with the help of an inmate. 

My rating : 6/10. I'm a fan of Prison Break and I love how Michael breaks in from prison. I was expecting a better version from this movie but to no avail. Nonetheless, I love the twist. 

So there! I also want to watch Oscar entries. I have already seen a few and will make a separate post on that. Can't wait to watch "Her" and "Blue Jasmine". 

No comments: