Saturday, April 12, 2014

Surigao del Sur's beauty spots

I blog not just because I want to write about my life's randomness but to promote my country's tourism too! charooots!

I write about the places and adventures I went to in some parts of the country. But rarely do I post about my hometown. I feel guilty for not flacking my home paradise that much.  So here's a post showcasing the beauty of my province, Surigao del Sur. I was not born there but I was raised and namulat sa probinsyang ito. I wouldn't trade it for any province.

Surigao del Sur offers a lot of beautiful spots. From magnificent  waterfalls, majestic rivers to wonderful beaches. You name it, we have it. hahaha. yabang.

These are just a few of the gems I visited. Since I'm not good writer (I'm an IT engineer after all.lol), I will populate my post with pictures. haha! Sabi nga nila "A picture is worth a thousand words." ;)

1.) Britania Group of Islands

This group of Islands is located in Brgy Britania of San Agustin, central of Surigao del Sur.  It is composed of 24 dazzling islands. But when we got there, we were only allowed to explore 5 or 6  islands. Some are privately owned already.

This place is best qualified by white fine sand and clear blue water. One true paradise.



2.) Tinuy-an Falls

 Dubbed as the "Niagara Falls of the Philippines", Tinuy-an Falls  is a three-tiered waterfall and is the widest waterfall in our country. The width of the falls is 95 meters and is 180 ft high. It is also the main attraction of my hometown, Bislig City. ;)

I was beyond words when I first set foot in this super impressively splendid waterfall. The first words I utter were "Thank you Lord for bringing me here"! I have never seen such big waterfall. Ang ganda! sobra!


3.) Enchanted River

Also known as "Natural Swimming Pool". It is located in Hinutuan, Surigao del Sur. I discovered this just recently. Its crystal clear and blue/turquoise-colored water is so inviting! It is truly enchanting!


I have yet to discover other tourist destinations in my province, but surely I will come back and visit other spots too.

To know more about my home paradise, watch this video. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Lee said...

Ang ganda diyan, Jing! Taga Cabadbaran ang papa ko at nakuwento nya sa akin na maganda daw daw sa Surigao. Sana maka punta ako dun! Idk if you still remember me haha. Namiss ko basahin blog mo, lately lang ulit ako nagka vpn access dito sa China. :D

Lee